From: pshaw on
were it that easy :-) ... they're all greyed out ... hence my 'help'
posts :-) ...

steve

From: pshaw on
sounds ideal but i'm concerned about:

my inability to use the source info
the other changes ...

is there anything in the eudora.ini that i could change?

tia

steve

From: Steven Saunderson on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:15:09 -0700, pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:

> sounds ideal but i'm concerned about:
>
> my inability to use the source info
> the other changes ...
>
> is there anything in the eudora.ini that i could change?

I can't find the Eudora option that allows a 'sent' status in mailboxes
other than Out but I'll keep looking. If anybody can help here then
please chip in.

If you want to try my program I'd download the exe from
<http://phelum.net/files/TocFix.exe> then backup your mailboxes then run
the program and check the result. If there's anything you don't like
you can just copy your Out mailbox back to the directory and you're back
to square one.

To run the program (once downloaded) open a DOS box (Start > Programs >
Accessories > Command prompt). Assuming that you download the program
to the Temp directory and your mailboxes are in the Eudora directory you
should enter "\temp\tocfix \eudora\out" to run the program and tell it
to check your Out mailbox. Please change 'temp' and 'eudora' in the
command above to suit your specific setup. Once the program has run and
reported what it has done I'd start Eudora and check the Out box is how
you want it. If there are any problems just restore your Out mailbox
and tell me about it.

Cheers,
--
Steven
From: Steve Urbach on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:13:54 -0700, pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:

>were it that easy :-) ... they're all greyed out ... hence my 'help'
>posts :-) ...
>
>steve
>
>On Mon, 10 May 2010 20:37:34 -0700, Steve Urbach
><dragonsclaw(a)NOTmindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 09 May 2010 21:49:45 -0700, pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:
>>
>>>1) the messages were saved on a completely different computer (i back
>>>up to 3 computers regularly using acronis)
>>>2) the 'out box' from the not-crashed computer - with the 'toc' file
>>>were copied to a temp file on the restored computer and renamed 'old
>>>out' (both files) and dropped into eudora (while it was closed)
>>>3) the 'old out' box was opened - in eudora, all files selected and
>>>then transferred to the otherwise empty 'out' box ...
>>>
>>>now how to i get rid of the little jaw marks? :-) ... that is, mark
>>>the files 'read'?
>>>
>>>tia
>>>
>>>steve
>>>

>>Did you right click on the Message, select Status and the obvious choice :D ?
Does Windows think that your accounts: "Owns" the file? Not "Read only" after
restore.
From: pshaw on
sounds good ... i'll try it this week ...thanks ...

steve