From: pshaw on
i lost my old out box, in a computer crash, so i renamed a back up to
out-backup and copied it into the eudora directory, and then copied
all the e-mails from 'out-backup' to 'out'. all of the e-mails in the
outbox now have a 'saw-tooth' mark in the far left; how can i change
that to a 'check' mark showing that they've been sent?

when i click on an e-mail (or all) and right click, 'sent' is greyed
out.

tia

steve
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 21:03:51 -0700, pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:

>i lost my old out box, in a computer crash, so i renamed a back up to
>out-backup and copied it into the eudora directory, and then copied
>all the e-mails from 'out-backup' to 'out'. all of the e-mails in the
>outbox now have a 'saw-tooth' mark in the far left; how can i change
>that to a 'check' mark showing that they've been sent?
>
>when i click on an e-mail (or all) and right click, 'sent' is greyed
>out.

When you were copying the mailbox files, did you also copy the .toc
files which contain the status of the messages?
From: pshaw on
1) the messages were saved on a completely different computer (i back
up to 3 computers regularly using acronis)
2) the 'out box' from the not-crashed computer - with the 'toc' file
were copied to a temp file on the restored computer and renamed 'old
out' (both files) and dropped into eudora (while it was closed)
3) the 'old out' box was opened - in eudora, all files selected and
then transferred to the otherwise empty 'out' box ...

now how to i get rid of the little jaw marks? :-) ... that is, mark
the files 'read'?

tia

steve

From: Steven Saunderson on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 21:03:51 -0700, pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:

> i lost my old out box, in a computer crash, so i renamed a back up to
> out-backup and copied it into the eudora directory, and then copied
> all the e-mails from 'out-backup' to 'out'. all of the e-mails in the
> outbox now have a 'saw-tooth' mark in the far left; how can i change
> that to a 'check' mark showing that they've been sent?

There is a status field in the TOC file records that can specify 'sent'.
There is a Eudora option that allows messages in mailboxes other than
'Out' to have the 'sent' status. Presumably you don't have this option
enabled and so sent messages get their status changed when they are
moved from Out to another mailbox.

I have a program that changes message status to 'sent' but it also does
other things (like checking each message ends in CRLFCRLF) and these
extras might cause you a problem.

Please ask if you want the source to this program.

Cheers,
--
Steven
From: Steve Urbach on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 21:49:45 -0700, pshaw(a)emmet.com wrote:

>1) the messages were saved on a completely different computer (i back
>up to 3 computers regularly using acronis)
>2) the 'out box' from the not-crashed computer - with the 'toc' file
>were copied to a temp file on the restored computer and renamed 'old
>out' (both files) and dropped into eudora (while it was closed)
>3) the 'old out' box was opened - in eudora, all files selected and
>then transferred to the otherwise empty 'out' box ...
>
>now how to i get rid of the little jaw marks? :-) ... that is, mark
>the files 'read'?
>
>tia
>
>steve

Did you right click on the Message, select Status and the obvious choice :D ?