Prev: Printer problem
Next: hi
From: Linea Recta on
Because I've become rather attached to the game MS Pinball Arcade I have the
following (hardware) question.

Since I got my new 16:10 monitor I have to set it to 4:3 aspect manually by
OSD each time before I can play the game with the right aspect ratio. After
playing I have to reset it back again to 16:10, which is cumbersome
altogether.

I have been wondering wether it would be possible to control this setting
automatically by some software command or batch file just before clicking
the game, all in one go. Or is my fantasy going too far this time?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

From: John John - MVP on
Linea Recta wrote:
> Because I've become rather attached to the game MS Pinball Arcade I have the
> following (hardware) question.
>
> Since I got my new 16:10 monitor I have to set it to 4:3 aspect manually by
> OSD each time before I can play the game with the right aspect ratio. After
> playing I have to reset it back again to 16:10, which is cumbersome
> altogether.
>
> I have been wondering wether it would be possible to control this setting
> automatically by some software command or batch file just before clicking
> the game, all in one go. Or is my fantasy going too far this time?

http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm
12noon :: Display Changer

John
From: smlunatick on
On Mar 23, 2:15 pm, "Linea Recta" <mccm....(a)abc.invalid> wrote:
> Because I've become rather attached to the game MS Pinball Arcade I have the
> following (hardware) question.
>
> Since I got my new 16:10 monitor I have to set it to 4:3 aspect manually by
> OSD each time before I can play the game with the right aspect ratio. After
> playing I have to reset it back again to 16:10, which is cumbersome
> altogether.
>
> I have been wondering wether it would be possible to control this setting
> automatically by some software command or batch file just before clicking
> the game, all in one go. Or is my fantasy going too far this time?
>
> --
> regards,
>
> |\  /|
> | \/ |@rk
>  \../
>   \/os

Some video card have enhanced settings which you can "program" a macro
for the settings based on the game.

What type of video card?
From: Linea Recta on

"smlunatick" <yveslec(a)gmail.com> schreef in bericht
On Mar 23, 2:15 pm, "Linea Recta" <mccm....(a)abc.invalid> wrote:
> Because I've become rather attached to the game MS Pinball Arcade I have
> the
> following (hardware) question.
>
> Since I got my new 16:10 monitor I have to set it to 4:3 aspect manually
> by
> OSD each time before I can play the game with the right aspect ratio.
> After
> playing I have to reset it back again to 16:10, which is cumbersome
> altogether.
>
> I have been wondering wether it would be possible to control this setting
> automatically by some software command or batch file just before clicking
> the game, all in one go. Or is my fantasy going too far this time?
>
> --
> regards,
>
> |\ /|
> | \/ |@rk
> \../
> \/os

Some video card have enhanced settings which you can "program" a macro
for the settings based on the game.

What type of video card?

Does this concern the video card or the monitor?
I have:
video card: Matrox Marvel G450eTV 32 MB. (AGP)
monitor: 19-inch Medion Akoya MD 20119

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

From: Linea Recta on

"John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> schreef in bericht
> Linea Recta wrote:
>> Because I've become rather attached to the game MS Pinball Arcade I have
>> the following (hardware) question.
>>
>> Since I got my new 16:10 monitor I have to set it to 4:3 aspect manually
>> by OSD each time before I can play the game with the right aspect ratio.
>> After playing I have to reset it back again to 16:10, which is cumbersome
>> altogether.
>>
>> I have been wondering wether it would be possible to control this setting
>> automatically by some software command or batch file just before clicking
>> the game, all in one go. Or is my fantasy going too far this time?
>
> http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm
> 12noon :: Display Changer

Thanks, I'll have a look.

--