From: cm on

When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and
receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like
outlook express. is it possible?

From: VanguardLH on
cm wrote:

> When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and
> receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like
> outlook express. is it possible?

No, except as noted below in the next paragraph. The user gets no control
over the order and concurrency of mail polls for accounts all in the same
send/receive group (the default is to put all accounts that you define into
the same send/receive group). This can cause a problem if you have several
accounts with the same e-mail identifier (who you did not identify). Some
mail hosts permit only a limited number of concurrent connections from the
same IP address. Some only permit 1 connection from an IP address. That
means polling multiple accounts on the same mail host with such a limitation
will result in failed mail sessions for some of the accounts at the same
e-mail provider. You'll have to find out from your unidentified e-mail
provider as to what is the maximum number of concurrent connections to their
mail servers from the same IP address.

What you might try is to create multiple Send/Receive groups (in OL2003, go
to Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive Settings -> Define Send/Receive
Groups. You can create more groups where to organize your multiple
accounts. Disable some accounts in one group and enable them in another
group. Each group has its own settings regarding when to poll the accounts
defined in that group. So you could have one group polling every 11 minutes
and another less important group of accounts polling every 17 minutes (I
pick prime numbers so the overlap in mail polls for groups is farther out:
where they overlap is found by multiplying the prime numbers, and the higher
the prime numbers the farther out it gets, along with being less abusive to
the e-mail provider for mail polls that never find anything in your
mailbox).
From: MartinC on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> cm wrote:
>
>> When using multiple accounts on Outlook 2007 ; outlook checking (send and
>> receives) all accounts same time. I want check accounts severally , like
>> outlook express. is it possible?
>
> No, except as noted below in the next paragraph. The user gets no control
> over the order and concurrency of mail polls for accounts all in the same
> send/receive group (the default is to put all accounts that you define
> into
> the same send/receive group). This can cause a problem if you have
> several
> accounts with the same e-mail identifier (who you did not identify). Some
> mail hosts permit only a limited number of concurrent connections from the
> same IP address. Some only permit 1 connection from an IP address. That
> means polling multiple accounts on the same mail host with such a
> limitation
> will result in failed mail sessions for some of the accounts at the same
> e-mail provider. You'll have to find out from your unidentified e-mail
> provider as to what is the maximum number of concurrent connections to
> their
> mail servers from the same IP address.
>
> What you might try is to create multiple Send/Receive groups (in OL2003,
> go
> to Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive Settings -> Define Send/Receive
> Groups. You can create more groups where to organize your multiple
> accounts. Disable some accounts in one group and enable them in another
> group. Each group has its own settings regarding when to poll the
> accounts
> defined in that group. So you could have one group polling every 11
> minutes
> and another less important group of accounts polling every 17 minutes (I
> pick prime numbers so the overlap in mail polls for groups is farther out:
> where they overlap is found by multiplying the prime numbers, and the
> higher
> the prime numbers the farther out it gets, along with being less abusive
> the e-mail provider for mail polls that never find anything in your
> mailbox).

If I am understanding you correctly, you can send the accounts separately by
doing the following (I think).

From Tools/Options, select the Mail Setup tab and click on the Send/Receive
button
Ensure that the 'Include this group in send/receive' option is NOT ticked
when any of the appropriate Group Names in the box above this option
selection are selected.

Hopefully that may do what you are asking, but I am not 100% sure about
that.

Worth a try though.

Hope this helps

Martin

Pages: 1
Prev: synonmys
Next: Modify "quick part" in Outlook 2007