From: Pete10016 on
I'm running Vista and the association somehow is broken between .chm and
"microsoft html help executable" -whatever that be.
I've searched, googled, tried installations, but can't fix. Any advice out
there??

From: JD on
On 25/02/2010 9:43 PM, Pete10016 wrote:
> I'm running Vista and the association somehow is broken between .chm and
> "microsoft html help executable" -whatever that be.
> I've searched, googled, tried installations, but can't fix. Any advice
> out there??

I don't use Vista but the file that should be associated with ".chm" is
"hh.exe" it should be in your c:\windows folder, whether you should
associate the file using a reg hack or the association manager (control
panel > Default Programs > Set Associations) is for you to decide.

JD
From: Pete10016 on

"JD" <No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote in message
> On 25/02/2010 9:43 PM, Pete10016 wrote:
>> I'm running Vista and the association somehow is broken between .chm and
>> "microsoft html help executable" -whatever that be.
>> I've searched, googled, tried installations, but can't fix. Any advice
>> out there??
>>

> I don't use Vista but the file that should be associated with ".chm" is
> "hh.exe" it should be in your c:\windows folder, whether you should
> associate the file using a reg hack or the association manager (control
> panel > Default Programs > Set Associations) is for you to decide.
>
> JD

Close. The solution was to double click the .chm and associate it with
hh.exe
You can't just set the association because it won't be there.

From: JD on
On 26/02/2010 8:10 PM, Pete10016 wrote:

> "JD" <No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote in message
>> On 25/02/2010 9:43 PM, Pete10016 wrote:
>>> I'm running Vista and the association somehow is broken between .chm and
>>> "microsoft html help executable" -whatever that be.
>>> I've searched, googled, tried installations, but can't fix. Any advice
>>> out there??
>>>

>> I don't use Vista but the file that should be associated with ".chm"
>> is "hh.exe" it should be in your c:\windows folder, whether you should
>> associate the file using a reg hack or the association manager
>> (control panel > Default Programs > Set Associations) is for you to
>> decide.
>>
>> JD
>
> Close. The solution was to double click the .chm and associate it with
> hh.exe
> You can't just set the association because it won't be there.

sure you can just associate *.chm with hh.exe

regards
JD