From: Botticeli on
I always, in the chorus segment of the song, like to add a second
voice chorused. My son, who is a songwriter too, thinks is wrong and
doesn't work for the song.

Any advise?

You can listen to my latest: www.gatofuentes.com/bailacorazon.html and
give me your opinion.

Thanks!

Botticelli
From: Here In Oregon on

"Botticeli" > I always, in the chorus segment of the song, like to add a
second
> voice chorused. My son, who is a songwriter too, thinks is wrong and
> doesn't work for the song.
>
> Any advise?
>
> You can listen to my latest: www.gatofuentes.com/bailacorazon.html and
> give me your opinion.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Botticelli

Lose the chorus effect and instead *triple* the lead vocal during the
choruses by singing carefully over the best vocal part and lowering the
volume on the second and third part to where you just begin to get a nice
lift. Pan the overdubs just slightly left and right of the center vocal.
You could then maybe add a *hint* of the chorusing effect to the overdubbed
parts if necessary but only if it doesn't sound like a blatant effect. A la
naturale, comprende amigo. This way you and your son both win the prize,
the familia stays together and everybody beber vino together with much
corazon.

HIO

From: Botticeli on
On Mar 3, 2:05 pm, "Here In Oregon" <H...(a)nospam.net> wrote:
> "Botticeli" > I always, in the chorus segment of the song, like to add a
> second
>
> > voice chorused. My son, who is a songwriter too, thinks is wrong and
> > doesn't work for the song.
>
> > Any advise?
>
> > You can listen to my latest:www.gatofuentes.com/bailacorazon.htmland
> > give me your opinion.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > Botticelli
>
> Lose the chorus effect and instead *triple* the lead vocal during the
> choruses by singing carefully over the best vocal part and lowering the
> volume on the second and third part to where you just begin to get a nice
> lift.  Pan the overdubs just slightly left and right of the center vocal.
> You could then maybe add a *hint* of the chorusing effect to the overdubbed
> parts if necessary but only if it doesn't sound like a blatant effect.  A la
> naturale, comprende amigo.   This way you and your son both win the prize,
> the familia stays together and everybody beber vino together with much
> corazon.
>
> HIO

ja ja ja, HIO, got it! I will try your advice, kind of 'do it
discretelly', instead of huge CHORUSING. Sounds good.

Thanks!

Botticelli
From: Here In Oregon on

"Botticeli" <jesusjacquez(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 3, 2:05 pm, "Here In Oregon" <H...(a)nospam.net> wrote:
>> "Botticeli" > I always, in the chorus segment of the song, like to add a
>> second
>>
>> > voice chorused. My son, who is a songwriter too, thinks is wrong and
>> > doesn't work for the song.
>>
>> > Any advise?
>>
>> > You can listen to my latest:www.gatofuentes.com/bailacorazon.htmland
>> > give me your opinion.
>>
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> > Botticelli
>>
>> Lose the chorus effect and instead *triple* the lead vocal during the
>> choruses by singing carefully over the best vocal part and lowering the
>> volume on the second and third part to where you just begin to get a nice
>> lift. Pan the overdubs just slightly left and right of the center vocal.
>> You could then maybe add a *hint* of the chorusing effect to the
>> overdubbed
>> parts if necessary but only if it doesn't sound like a blatant effect. A
>> la
>> naturale, comprende amigo. This way you and your son both win the
>> prize,
>> the familia stays together and everybody beber vino together with much
>> corazon.
>>
>> HIO
>
> ja ja ja, HIO, got it! I will try your advice, kind of 'do it
> discretelly', instead of huge CHORUSING. Sounds good.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Botticelli

Alright, ja ja ja. You get it and you got it Botticelli. You are very
welcome.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Rick Paul" < There's no right or wrong in this stuff. It's all artistic
choices and how
> your audience reacts to the recording...... Snip

All very well said.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: SONG: Same One - Mix 4