From: Amanda on
Hello,

Each time I boot my computer, it shows cmos checksum error. Press F8 for
system configuration but the F8 doesn't work, F9 doesn't work either. F1
allows it to boot and the system gets set at 1st Jan 2007 12.00 am.

Regardless of how many times I change the bios, it will revert after each
power down. I don't have a floppy but it seems to insist i do, strange thing
is .. a floppy disk drive and floppy controller exist on my device manager.
If I remove it, the computer detects the zoombie floppy and reinstalls it.

I've also replaced the button battery but that didn't help.

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Sonny

P.S I had to reset the time before posting because it says this post is too
old

From: Unknown on
How did you change the BIOS? Did you rewrite it?

From: Bob I on
You have a hardware problem. Are you sure the button battery was good?
Are you killing power to the PC externally, like with a power strip? If
so, don't.

From: Ben Myers on
"Amanda" <someone(a)singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:urQUFQ7CLHA.5808(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> Each time I boot my computer, it shows cmos checksum error. Press F8 for
> system configuration but the F8 doesn't work, F9 doesn't work either. F1
> allows it to boot and the system gets set at 1st Jan 2007 12.00 am.
<snip>

Try tapping the F8 key repeatedly or hitting it before the error message is
displayed. Be sure to save any changes you make. If this doesn't help, try
a different keyboard.

Ben
From: Amanda on
Hi,

Thanks to all who replied. I reset the BIOS hitting delete, change the first
boot sequence to hard disk, disable the search for floppy. Change the time
yet again.

Bob L, I bought a brand new battery and its the same thing.

regards
Sonny