From: Cecilia on
Hello--

I had a column with dates and another with text labels.

I'd like to combine these and tried using this formula:

=D6&" "&I6

D6 = 7/4/2009
I6 = HOLIDAY

Is there any way to do this to get the actual date and not the numberical
value returned?

Thanks in advance for your help.

From: JLatham on
try
=TEXT(D6,"m/d/yy ") & I6
Notice that I've included the space for separation as part of the format for
the date, saving a little complexity of the formula. You can, of course, use
other formats for the date to get it displayed differently, such as:
=TEXT(D6,"d-mmm-yyyy ")&I6

"Cecilia" wrote:

> Hello--
>
> I had a column with dates and another with text labels.
>
> I'd like to combine these and tried using this formula:
>
> =D6&" "&I6
>
> D6 = 7/4/2009
> I6 = HOLIDAY
>
> Is there any way to do this to get the actual date and not the numberical
> value returned?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Pages: 1
Prev: No Balance Owed Flag Help!