From: ngeng ngok on
ive created a form in microsoft access 2003. that is the blank form n
will be use as a new data entry form. then, ive created a command
button for the saving data purpose. but i dont know the coding for the
saving purpose. i want to save it to my database. how can i do that?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:09:57 -0800 (PST), ngeng ngok <ngeng4(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>ive created a form in microsoft access 2003. that is the blank form n
>will be use as a new data entry form. then, ive created a command
>button for the saving data purpose. but i dont know the coding for the
>saving purpose. i want to save it to my database. how can i do that?

You don't actually *need* a button - just moving off the record or onto (or
off of) a subform, or closing the form, will save the record.

If you do want a button anyway, its click event could call a SaveRecord macro,
or if you prefer VBA code,

Private Sub cmdSave_Click()
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
End Sub