From: christian_STORM on

Hi.

My situation is as follows:

I have a Windows server 2003 Small Business Edition which used to be
running a companyweb page. Now, due to unforeseen reasons, the
configuration of the server had to be changed -very- quickly. Therefore,
i cannot access companyweb any longer (IP changes and the like).

I have no need for the companyweb page to be running any longer, but it
would be nice to retrieve some "company notes" (i.e. user passwords for
forums and the like). All is listed under "announcements".

Is there a quick and dirty way to access that data and copy it (its all
just plain data)? Or would it just be easier to repair the broken
companyweb?

I have no clue how to setup companyweb (or most other features of
Windows Server), but i hope somebody might have a solution for me.

--
christian_STORM
christian_STORM's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/251036.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Susan Bradley on
christian_STORM wrote:
> Hi.
>
> My situation is as follows:
>
> I have a Windows server 2003 Small Business Edition which used to be
> running a companyweb page. Now, due to unforeseen reasons, the
> configuration of the server had to be changed -very- quickly. Therefore,
> i cannot access companyweb any longer (IP changes and the like).
>
> I have no need for the companyweb page to be running any longer, but it
> would be nice to retrieve some "company notes" (i.e. user passwords for
> forums and the like). All is listed under "announcements".
>
> Is there a quick and dirty way to access that data and copy it (its all
> just plain data)? Or would it just be easier to repair the broken
> companyweb?
>
> I have no clue how to setup companyweb (or most other features of
> Windows Server), but i hope somebody might have a solution for me.

What exactly was changed in the config of the server?
Even with IP address changes as long as you rerun the ceicw it should be
fine.
From: christian_STORM on

Hi and sorry for the late reply (wouldn't be very popular to take down
server during urgent project).

The change is the DNS server. Before it was running 10.0.0.10, and now
it is running GoogleDNS 8.8.8.8.

I guess I will try tonight (when everybody is at home) to change it back
to 10.0.0.10 and retrieve the info.

That should do the trick right? I would really like to avoid any
wizards, as i would probably just screw something up.

From: Spyrus on

I think that you will have to edit the Server DNS settings by your self
which would fix this issue. You will have to open the DNS link from the
Administrative Tools menu. In the DNS Tool you may find only one CNAME
entry for 'companyweb' in the highest level folder for the server name.
You have to delet that entry and re-add it at the same place, then add
another CNAME entry in the subfolder with the server name. Reboot both
the server and the client PC ... then ping 'compnayweb' from the client
PC again, and it will work.

--
Spyrus
Spyrus's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/48070.htm