From: Dustin Cook on
"gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca> wrote in

> Hello, Dustin!
>
> You wrote on Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:19:23 GMT:
>
> >> reboot with Avira off because it takes 30-45 minutes for the
> >> problem
> >> to occur. I don't think my laptop is overheating. Any other
> >> suggestions? I run XP HOMe --SP3 on a Dell Inspiron 2200. I also
> >> run IE 7.0. But if I shut that down and run Firefox the slowness
> >> continues.
> |
> | Please post back your results.
> |
> I just tested Avira v10, Malwarebytes v1.45 (both regestered) the
> resident module /on/... No slow down.

Kewl kewl. What OS are you using? The slowdown doesn't happen with all
systems, obviously..

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: gufus on
Hi Dustin,

Monday April 26 2010, Dustin Cook writes to gufus:

>> | Please post back your results.
>> |
>> I just tested Avira v10, Malwarebytes v1.45 (both
>> regestered) the resident module /on/... No slow down.

> Kewl kewl. What OS are you using? The slowdown doesn't
> happen with all systems, obviously..

Both are installed on XPP and XPH boxes. I found if you Select "Follow symbolic
links" in Avira it scans (files etc...) twice. :(

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Practice yourself what you preach.
From: gufus on
Hi Erehwon,

25 Apr 10, Erehwon writes to MZB:

> From: invalid(a)address.here

>> that version? (Free version). Again, any suggestions would
>> be appreciated. It may not be Avira-related. I'm just not
>> sure how to proceed Mel
> Have you used TASK MANAGER to see if one process is hogging
> all the resources when the slowdown starts?

I'd wonder too. Easy way to find the prob eh..

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... For adult education nothing beats children.