From: CBB on
Hi
I am trying to concatenate first name and last name columns, all is good
till I copy and paste special.....It say copy and paste area is not the same
size...and it is. Here is the real dilemma, when I copy and past the data
into a new spread sheet and concatenate it works, except in certain records
it drops the actual name and I end up with a blank field, that causes great
grief when I send said data to another process that strips blank lines and
shifts remaining data up resulting in an absolute train wreck of srong names
to addresses. Help
From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com

From: Tom Hutchins on
Are there any hidden rows or columns within the range you are copying &
pasting?

Hope this helps,

Hutch

From: Gord Dibben on
Do you have any merged cells involved in this operation?

If so, get rid of them.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:33:01 -0700, CBB <CBB(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>I am trying to concatenate first name and last name columns, all is good
>till I copy and paste special.....It say copy and paste area is not the same
>size...and it is. Here is the real dilemma, when I copy and past the data
>into a new spread sheet and concatenate it works, except in certain records
>it drops the actual name and I end up with a blank field, that causes great
>grief when I send said data to another process that strips blank lines and
>shifts remaining data up resulting in an absolute train wreck of srong names
>to addresses. Help

Pages: 1
Prev: Formula Help
Next: absolute reference fill