From: Tom Deblauwe on
Hello,

I'd like to use wxIPC with a console app. But it crashes. I've read that
you need to implement a main loop yourself for a console app but not for
a regular GUI wxAPP. So I guess the events are handled by wxApp and not
by wxConsoleApp and that's why it crashes?
Is there someone here who can give some information about what I can do
to make wxIPC work? How do I know which wx libraries are going to work
OK with wxConsoleApp?

Thanks a lot,
kind regards,
Tom,
From: David Mathews on
You are making a strictly a command line app?
I have apps that run with either a GUI or from the command line with
no GUI built in wxWidgets.

I just create the wxApp with no default window and put my command
processing in the Init function of the window (command line parsing
and then execution_.
If the user just double clicks my app, I create a main window and let
it handle input. If I'm called from the command line with a flag
indicating background mode, I have no GUI at all.
It was easy t set up still using the wxApp functions.

David

On May 16, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Tom Deblauwe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to use wxIPC with a console app. But it crashes. I've read
> that you need to implement a main loop yourself for a console app
> but not for a regular GUI wxAPP. So I guess the events are handled
> by wxApp and not by wxConsoleApp and that's why it crashes?
> Is there someone here who can give some information about what I
> can do to make wxIPC work? How do I know which wx libraries are
> going to work OK with wxConsoleApp?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> kind regards,
> Tom,

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Tom Deblauwe on
David Mathews wrote:
> You are making a strictly a command line app?
> I have apps that run with either a GUI or from the command line with no
> GUI built in wxWidgets.
>
> I just create the wxApp with no default window and put my command
> processing in the Init function of the window (command line parsing and
> then execution_.
> If the user just double clicks my app, I create a main window and let it
> handle input. If I'm called from the command line with a flag indicating
> background mode, I have no GUI at all.
> It was easy t set up still using the wxApp functions.
>
> David

well, I've tried with wxApp and wxIPC, without making a window, but this
crashed after some time.
Also I don't need a GUI indeed, so I don't want to link with all the GUI
libraries of wxWidgets.

Best regards,
Tom,
From: YAP on
On 5/16/07, Tom Deblauwe <tom.deblauwe(a)vsk.be> wrote:

> David Mathews wrote:
> > You are making a strictly a command line app?
> > I have apps that run with either a GUI or from the command line with no
> > GUI built in wxWidgets.
> >
> > I just create the wxApp with no default window and put my command
> > processing in the Init function of the window (command line parsing and
> > then execution_.
> > If the user just double clicks my app, I create a main window and let it
> > handle input. If I'm called from the command line with a flag indicating
> > background mode, I have no GUI at all.
> > It was easy t set up still using the wxApp functions.
> >
> > David
> >

> well, I've tried with wxApp and wxIPC, without making a window, but this
> crashed after some time.
> Also I don't need a GUI indeed, so I don't want to link with all the GUI
> libraries of wxWidgets.
>
> Best regards,
> Tom,

Just build a standard "main" project and link with wx_base and
wx_base_net if you need network support.

Cheers
/Ake

--
---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

Pages: 1
Prev: convert wxString to char *
Next: wxVillalib