From: Lloyd on
Hi,
Does anybody how to compile wxVillalib? I have downloaded wxVillalib
and not able to compile it using the make.
*) I could not find any configure script.
*) A Makefile.in and Makefile.am are there, but the make is not
working.

*) even i tried to this command also. It gives me some makefile error!
make -f Makefile.in

*) How can I compile this into a library?

Thanks and Regards,
Lloyd

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Mart Raudsepp on
On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 20:26 +0530, Lloyd wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody how to compile wxVillalib? I have downloaded wxVillalib
> and not able to compile it using the make.

I had the pleasure of dealing with this a couple years back.

> *) I could not find any configure script.
> *) A Makefile.in and Makefile.am are there, but the make is not
> working.
>
> *) even i tried to this command also. It gives me some makefile error!
> make -f Makefile.in
>
> *) How can I compile this into a library?

So, here's the deal how it was back then, as I remember it. Based on
your description it seems this issue still remains.

wxVillaLib is used in a project. That project is called DVDstyler.
What the author of that seems to have done, is to separate wxVillaLib
into a different project, BUT keep the assumption that wxVillaLib is
just a subdir of DVDstyler, by not fixing the build system to have any
kind of notion of the separation.
So what I had to do to workaround this, without bothering to fix it
properly as I maybe should have, was to checkout (or unpack) DVDstyler
and then checkout (or unpack/copy) wxVillaLib as a subdir of that.
Then I could configure DVDstyler, and it would pick up the wxVillaLib
directory, generate the Makefile from Makefile.in from the configure
run, after which I could call make inside the wxVillaLib subdirectory to
get only that thing built. After that I just passed the full library
path for my testing, as I didn't much need to use the semi-library after
checking it out.
I did however end up using its JPEG wxImageHandler and its thumbnailing
control. Its JPEG handler was much better performing than wx's at the
time and the thumbnailing control was quite sweet, and even integrated
into GNOME (through some nautilus libraries) if configured. That all for
a brief time until the project I needed these for got abandoned for
other reasons outside my control.

Ideally the build system could be adapted to make wxVillaLib a truely
separate library and patches sent to the author, of course.

Hope this helps,
Mart Raudsepp

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Lloyd on
On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 22:30 +0300, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 20:26 +0530, Lloyd wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does anybody how to compile wxVillalib? I have downloaded wxVillalib
> > and not able to compile it using the make.
>
> I had the pleasure of dealing with this a couple years back.
>
> > *) I could not find any configure script.
> > *) A Makefile.in and Makefile.am are there, but the make is not
> > working.
> >
> > *) even i tried to this command also. It gives me some makefile error!
> > make -f Makefile.in
> >
> > *) How can I compile this into a library?
>
> So, here's the deal how it was back then, as I remember it. Based on
> your description it seems this issue still remains.
>
> wxVillaLib is used in a project. That project is called DVDstyler.
> What the author of that seems to have done, is to separate wxVillaLib
> into a different project, BUT keep the assumption that wxVillaLib is
> just a subdir of DVDstyler, by not fixing the build system to have any
> kind of notion of the separation.
> So what I had to do to workaround this, without bothering to fix it
> properly as I maybe should have, was to checkout (or unpack) DVDstyler
> and then checkout (or unpack/copy) wxVillaLib as a subdir of that.
> Then I could configure DVDstyler, and it would pick up the wxVillaLib
> directory, generate the Makefile from Makefile.in from the configure
> run, after which I could call make inside the wxVillaLib subdirectory to
> get only that thing built. After that I just passed the full library
> path for my testing, as I didn't much need to use the semi-library after
> checking it out.
> I did however end up using its JPEG wxImageHandler and its thumbnailing
> control. Its JPEG handler was much better performing than wx's at the
> time and the thumbnailing control was quite sweet, and even integrated
> into GNOME (through some nautilus libraries) if configured. That all for
> a brief time until the project I needed these for got abandoned for
> other reasons outside my control.
>
> Ideally the build system could be adapted to make wxVillaLib a truely
> separate library and patches sent to the author, of course.
>

> Hope this helps,
> Mart Raudsepp

Hi,
I tried another way - written a make file and compiled. (At first I
tried your way:- tried to compile the DVDStyler, but I was unsuccessful
because wxSvg has some problem (mismatches))

Now I am facing another problem... No thumbnails are shown!

wxInitAllImageHandlers();
//wxImage::AddHandler(new wxBMPHandler);
wxMessageBox(wxString::Format(wxT("handler?%u"),wxImage::FindHandler
(wxT("Image/bmp"))));

this ode returns zero... Does anybody know how to fix this?

Regards,
Lloyd

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

Pages: 1
Prev: consoleApp
Next: Print to PDF