From: "Jonathan Sibony" on
WX : 2.8.0
OS : Mac Os X (10.4.8)

Hi!
I wanted to be sure as to the ability to print-to-file in WX.
I could only find the wxPostScriptDC class for this matter, is
print-to-pdf supported in any way?

Thanks!
jonathan

From: Robert Roebling on
Jonathan Sibony wrote:

> OS : Mac Os X (10.4.8)
>
> I could only find the wxPostScriptDC class for this matter, is
> print-to-pdf supported in any way?

Under OS X and GTK+, printing to PDF is possible through
the native print dialogs. If you want to create PDF
directly within wxWidgets, you will look for wxPdfDocument
at wxCode,

Robert

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: "Jonathan Sibony" on
As far as I can see wxPdfDocument runs on wxGTK and wxMSW ports but not
on wxMac.

Is it planned to be supported on mac?

Thanks again
Jonathan

From: Robert Roebling on
Jonathan Sibony wrote:

> As far as I can see wxPdfDocument runs on wxGTK and wxMSW ports but not
> on wxMac.
>
> Is it planned to be supported on mac?

No idea, ask the author. I didn't even know it didn't work on
the Mac.

From: Ulrich Telle on
Robert Roebling schrieb:
> Jonathan Sibony wrote:
>
>> As far as I can see wxPdfDocument runs on wxGTK and wxMSW ports but not
>> on wxMac.
>>
>> Is it planned to be supported on mac?
>
> No idea, ask the author. I didn't even know it didn't work on
> the Mac.

To my knowledge wxPdfDocument works fine on wxMac, but since I don't
have a Mac for testing wxMac is not "officially" supported.
wxPdfDocument depends only on wxWidgets core functionality so it should
work on any platform supported by wxWidgets.

BTW supporting the wxWidgets printing framework in wxPdfDocument is
still work in progress. This is more complex than I estimated and I
don't have much spare time to spend on this project at the moment, so
there is unfortunately no time schedule when such a version will be
available.

Regards,

Ulrich

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org