From: Dean Slindee on
Uri

One answer to my question could have been:
Create a new SSIS package using the "Transfer SQL Server Objects" tool.
In the tool, fill in the parameters and connections and execute the package.

This is conceptually similar to the former DTS process.
One just has to keep redefining a "temp" SSIS package, or create several
"work" packages, per database.

Your process would be more useful for a quick transfer; no package required.
However, I have been unable to accurately follow your brief instructions.
Would you please expand on the instructions with numbered bullet points?
Like:
1. In SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, click on the Source database table's
Stored Procedures folder.
2. Select the stored procedures to be copied (I can only select one at a
time).
3. Right click and select Script Stored Procedure as CREATE TO:
4. Now, click on the Destination database table's Stored Procedures folder
5. Press F5 at..

"Uri Dimant" <urid(a)iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> Dean
> multiple stored procedures
>

> "Dean Slindee" <slindee(a)charter.net> wrote in message
>> Does this procedure copy one stored procedure at a time, or multiple
>> stored procedures?
>>
>> "Uri Dimant" <urid(a)iscar.co.il> wrote in message
>>> Dean
>>> In objects explorer details select stored procedures you want to copy
>>> to, then right click and Script Stored Procedure as --- CREATE TO ---
>>> new query, make sure that you under scope a target database and press F5
>>>

>>> "Dean Slindee" <slindee(a)charter.net> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: msdb
Next: xp_readerrorlog error