From: Dwayne on
I am using Outlook 2007 and just the other day, I started getting the
following error message:

Outlook could not create the workfile. Check the temp environment variable

I googled this error and found a couple of articles suggesting the fix is a
registry entry:

Key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders
Value name: Cache

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

I verified the key has the correct value.

Does anyone have any other idea as to what is causing this error and how to
fix it?

Thanks.

From: VanguardLH on
Dwayne wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2007 and just the other day, I started getting the
> following error message:
>
> Outlook could not create the workfile. Check the temp environment variable
>
> I googled this error and found a couple of articles suggesting the fix is a
> registry entry:
>
> Key:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders
> Value name: Cache
>
> %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
>
> I verified the key has the correct value.
>
> Does anyone have any other idea as to what is causing this error and how to
> fix it?
>
> Thanks.

Well, since the articles point to the file cache or TIF folder for the web
browser, did you ever purge it? Go into IE's options and empty/purge its
TIF (temporary internet files) folder and retest.