From: bwilson79 on
I'm getting the following message when trying to load mpexpr10.dll
within Windows XP:
couldn't load library "mpexpr10.dll": this library or a dependent
library could not be found in library path

The odd thing is, this was working for me a few days ago and I
honestly don't know what changed to cause this issue. I'm using
ActiveState ActiveTcl version 8.4.16.0. I tried a clean uninstall and
install and I'm still getting this message. I couldn't find anything
useful in other threads or from Google'ing. I'd appreciate any help
in this matter.
From: Torsten Reincke on

> I'm getting the following message when trying to load mpexpr10.dll
> within Windows XP:
> couldn't load library "mpexpr10.dll": this library or a dependent
> library could not be found in library path

This might be the problem:

http://groups.google.de/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/78c4a6c790fe9ea7/620d8504d50fe362?hl=de&lnk=gst&q=mpexpr#620d8504d50fe362

You seem to use the version 1.0 and I think I can remember there was
trouble somehow in this version that got fixed for version 1.1. So you
might try the updated version 1.1 instead (from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110298).

Or ... from the sourceforge page of mpexpr (http://
mpexpr.sourceforge.net/):

"Mpexpr, lightly hacked to compile on Windows for versions of TCL
>8.3, is available in DLL format here. *** If you do not have
Microsoft VC70 stuff already installed, you may need a copy of
msvcr70.dll in your c:\win*\system* directory. *** The bugs of the
Windows version are still being worked out, and will be integrated
into the mpexpr release very soon. The DLL will then become a branch
on the tree rather than a stub from this page."

So, perhaps you don't have this msvcr70.dll file.

Torsten

From: bwilson79 on
On Nov 19, 2:17 pm, Torsten Reincke <b...(a)typoscriptics.de> wrote:
> > I'm getting the following message when trying to load mpexpr10.dll
> > within Windows XP:
> > couldn't load library "mpexpr10.dll": this library or a dependent
> > library could not be found in library path
>
> This might be the problem:
>
> http://groups.google.de/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/78c4...
>
> You seem to use the version 1.0 and I think I can remember there was
> trouble somehow in this version that got fixed for version 1.1. So you
> might try the updated version 1.1 instead (from here:http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110298).
>
> Or ... from the sourceforge page of mpexpr (http://
> mpexpr.sourceforge.net/):
>
> "Mpexpr, lightly hacked to compile on Windows for versions of TCL>8.3, is available in DLL format here. *** If you do not have
>
> Microsoft VC70 stuff already installed, you may need a copy of
> msvcr70.dll in your c:\win*\system* directory. *** The bugs of the
> Windows version are still being worked out, and will be integrated
> into the mpexpr release very soon. The DLL will then become a branch
> on the tree rather than a stub from this page."
>
> So, perhaps you don't have this msvcr70.dll file.
>
> Torsten

Thank you for the info. It turns out once I added msvcr70.dll to my c:
\win*\system* directory everything worked! =)