From: Bradly on
I have a list that shows the worker ID and the result of each work item. The
number of work items differs for each worker ID--the results of each item is
either "A" or "D". This is an example of a portion of the list:

Worker Status
008Q A
008Q D
008Q A
098Q D
098Q A
098Q D

I am trying to set up a new list that counts for each worker ID the total
number of work items with status "A". How can I go about doing this?

Thanks. Let me know if you need more information on this.

From: T. Valko on
Assume your data is in the range A2:B7.

List the unique IDs in a range of cells:

D2 = 008Q
D3 = 098Q

Enter this formula in E2 and copy down as needed:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A$2:A$7=D2),--(B$2:B$7="A"))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

Create a pivot table. Drag worker to the row area, status to the column
area and column area (again) to the data area.

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

From: Bernd P on
Hello Bradly,

I would use a Pivot table.

If you do not like that you can use my UDF Pstat, for example:
http://sulprobil.com/html/pstat.html

Regards,
Bernd