From: Dave Peterson on
I don't see anything in the posted code that would even run when excel (or the
workbook) closes. And I don't see anything that would make excel crash even if
all that code ran.

I'm still guessing the *.xlb file.

--

Dave Peterson
From: NickHK on
Matt,
It generally not advisable to use words that Excel/VBA employ.
Change the name of "copy" routine to something else, e.g. "MyCopy".

NickHK

From: Matt on
Thanks Dave! I have tried the xlb method but to no avail. Can you tell me
where I can see everything that occurs when closing Excel? I am referring to
all processes that occur on the system when just closing so I can look at it
in comparison to everything. It is weird. That section of code is the only
part that makes the crash occur. We are so stumped! Thanks again though!

From: Matt on
Hey Nick! thanks for the tip on the "copy" idea, but still crashing when
closing Excel. I asked Dave for EVERYTHING that occurs when closing Excel so
I can compare it to the code and anything else to see what happens. By the
way, this problem does not occur in Office 2007, but we need it to work here
as well which is DID just a couple weeks ago. Nothing has been changed about
the files and I have tried uninstalling Office and reinstalling without
adding updates in case they were causing trouble. We are officially stumped.
Thanks for the help!

From: Dave Peterson on
First, what does "no avail" mean? Does that mean you found it, renamed it and
tested it and that failed--or does that mean you still couldn't find it?

If you couldn't find it, you may not have a *.xlb file. It only gets created
when you need it (like when you customize a toolbar).

If you want to verify that your find works, make a minor modification to a
toolbar in excel. Then close excel and try to find *.xlb. You should be able
to find it. If you can't, then you should try the CMD stuff once more.

But...

I don't see anything in that portion of your code that even runs when excel is
closing. If you copy and paste it into a new workbook's module, then save and
close that new workbook, does excel still crash?

I have no list of everything excel does when it closes.

--

Dave Peterson