From: Matt on
Hi Folks,
I have Excel 2003 updated on XP Pro updated. I have a VB object in my file.
All it does is copy and paste. It ends with a memory clearing. I close Excel
and it crashes. Here is what I found in the Event Viewer for Apps:

Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8120.0, stamp 4578a992,
faulting module fm20.dll, version 11.0.8000.0, stamp 434ba62b, debug? 0,
fault address 0x000b1544.

I have installed hotfixes FM2OFF and FM20op. Still happens. Anyone know what
to do? Thanks!
From: Dave Peterson on
Just a guess...

One of the things that excel does when you close the program is update the
customized toolbar. Maybe you could try this:

Close excel
windows start button|Search
look for *.xlb in hidden folders and for hiddend files.

Rename all you find to *.xlbOLD

Then back to excel and test it. Open your file and make some changes. Then
close excel.

If it crashes, then this wasn't the problem. And rename your *.xlbOLD files
back to *.xlb.

If it works ok, then delete those *.xlbOLD files. You will have to rebuild any
customized changes you've made to your toolbars, though.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Matt on
I searched the whole computer and found no xlb files anywhere hidden or not.
Any other possibilities? Would it help if I posted the code? Thanks for the
help!

From: Dave Peterson on
It may help if you posted the code, but I'd still look for the *.xlb files.

Windows start button|Run
cmd
(to get to a Command prompt)
c:
(to get to the c: drive)
cd\
(to get to the root directory)

Dir *.xlb /s
(to search for all the .xlb files on the c: drive)

--

Dave Peterson
From: Matt on
Here ya go!

Sub gen1()

'

Sheets("staging").Select

Range("I2").Select

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1"

Range("A1").Select

Call copy

Sheets("1").Select

Range("A1").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _

SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Range("A1").Select

SkipBlanks _

:=False, Transpose:=False

Range("A1").Select

ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=0

Call fix_x

Sheets("1").Select

Call hide

Range("C2").Select

UserForm1.hide

End Sub

Sub hide()

'

' This hides the cost section, as we have not received costs

'

Rows("70:94").Select

Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

End Sub

Sub copy()

Sheets("staging").Select

Rows("1:189").Select

Selection.copy

Range("A1").Select

End Sub

Sub fix_x()

'

Sheets("staging").Select

Range("A1").Select

Application.CutCopyMode = False

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = ""

Range("A1").Select

End Sub

I will try the cmd search. Thanks again Dave!