From: JMD.Park on
I would like to create a look up for a field in a form. I would like to put
in a customer number that will bring up their name and address info. How can
I do this? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
From: JMD.Park on

From: fredg on
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:51:02 -0800, JMD.Park wrote:

> I would like to create a look up for a field in a form. I would like to put
> in a customer number that will bring up their name and address info. How can
> I do this? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

It depends.
If The [CustomerNumber] field's datatype is a number, then:
=DLookUp("[Address]","TableName","[CustomerNumber] = " &
Me.[CustomerNumber])

However, if the [CustomerNumber] field is a Text datatype, then:

=DLookUp("[Address]","TableName","[CustomerNumber] = '" &
Me.[CustomerNumber] & "'")

Do the same for the Customer's Name field.

Change CustomerNumber to whatever the actual field name is.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: John W. Vinson on
<JMDPark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to create a look up for a field in a form. I would like to put
>in a customer number that will bring up their name and address info. How can
>I do this? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Open the Toolbox; select the magic wand icon. Then select the Combo Box tool
and put a combo box on the form. Use the wizard option "use this combo to find
a record".
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: De Jager on