From: KWhamill on
I'm developing a time book in Access 2007 for my peers. Most of the
functionality is biult and works fine. the stumbling block is the Interface
or the form. the users want an interface very much like what the have now.
What they have now: a spread sheet with dates across the top and employees
down the left. all they input is the absence code (AL Annual leave, SL Sick
leave, &c) for that day.
what we are adding: the shift start and end times, unit, & position.
So in a perfect world I would have a grid, with 14 days (one payperiod)
across the top, employees down the left and Shift start and end, Unit,
Position and Absence code for each employee for each day.
I have had the hardest time making this do even the simple absence code. I
simply cannot figure out how to make it work. Help is much appreciated at
this point.
Any ideas?
From: Peter Hibbs on
Tom van Stiphout and I both made suggestions to your previous post on
the 18th to this question. Presumably neither of those were acceptable
so I think it unlikely you will get further replies.

Peter Hibbs.

From: golfinray on
You need a form in datasheet view. That will look like a table or an Excel
sheet.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: KWHamill on
Used to be i could find my old posts simply by searching for my User ID. but
that doesn't seem to be the case any more. I assumed that post had fallen off
the face of the web.
The Flex Grid: I've never used a flex grid before so can you explain how
this works?

From: Peter Hibbs on
OK, in that case I suggest you have a look at the Flex Grid Demo
program first at :-

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=21&SID=5debzz2c87c6957859f13b1d2zcccfb4

to see if it will do what you want. You will need to write a fair bit
of VBA code to do this but there is a time sheet example in this demo
which sounds similar to what you are trying to do.

HTH.

Peter Hibbs.

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:10:02 -0700, KWHamill