From: tabithaIU on
Hi,
I have to create a database that will be used to analyse some questionnaire
and have made a spreadsheet where the answers to the questions (which within
the questionnaire are on a strongly agree - strongly disagree rating scale)
are in a drop down menu. I was wondering if I would be able to make a graph
from this data?
Cheers
From: Pete_UK on
Well, the short answer is yes, but how this is accomplished depends on
how your data is structured. Essentially, you will need 5 or 7 cells
which will contain the number of responses in the categories from
Strongly agree to strongly Sisagree for the question that you choose
from the pull-down. Those cells will contain formulae to count the
formula. Your graph will then be drawn from the numbers in those
cells.

Perhaps you can provide a few more details showing what data you have
and how it is arranged.

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Gord Dibben on
In an adjcent column assign a numerical value to each of your choices using
Lookup or similar function.

Graph on that column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP