From: hadi motamedi on
Dear All
I need to serially connect with another node with possible file
transfer . So I issued the following on my solaris8 :
#cu -s 9600 -l /dev/term/a
But it is returning 'connect failed.No Devices Available' . Can you
please let me know how can I accomplish this job?
Thank you
From: hadi motamedi on
Sorry. I found it. It was as :
#cu -s 9600 -l /dev/cua/a
But after the related modifications done under /etc/uucp/Devices .

From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <a748cbe6-4511-4cf2-a09a-593cc4730029(a)d16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
hadi motamedi <motamedi24(a)gmail.com> writes:
> Dear All
> I need to serially connect with another node with possible file
> transfer . So I issued the following on my solaris8 :
> #cu -s 9600 -l /dev/term/a
> But it is returning 'connect failed.No Devices Available' . Can you
> please let me know how can I accomplish this job?

cu requires the Systems and Devices config files to be set up.
25 years ago, I would have remembered how to do that ;-)

Probably easiest for this would be to download and install kermit.

Failing that, try tip instead...

tip -9600 /dev/cua/a

Note that I'm using the cua device here, so the open doesn't hang if
DCD isn't raised. Actually, this usually makes no difference for the
internal a and b ports (COM1 and COM2 on x86) because these ports
usually have ttya-ignore-cd=true (in case they are going to be used
as the system console). However, if you are using some other port
such as /dev/term/0, then you might want to use the cua device instead
so the device open doesn't hang waiting for DCD to raise, and it does
no harm to do the same for all ports (unless you really want the open
to hang until DCD is raised).

--
Andrew Gabriel
From: hadi motamedi on

> cu requires the Systems and Devices config files to be set up.
> 25 years ago, I would have remembered how to do that ;-)
>
> Probably easiest for this would be to download and install kermit.
>
> Failing that, try tip instead...
>
> tip -9600 /dev/cua/a
>
> Note that I'm using the cua device here, so the open doesn't hang if
> DCD isn't raised. Actually, this usually makes no difference for the
> internal a and b ports (COM1 and COM2 on x86) because these ports
> usually have ttya-ignore-cd=true (in case they are going to be used
> as the system console). However, if you are using some other port
> such as /dev/term/0, then you might want to use the cua device instead
> so the device open doesn't hang waiting for DCD to raise, and it does
> no harm to do the same for all ports (unless you really want the open
> to hang until DCD is raised).
>
> --
> Andrew Gabriel
> [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

Excuse me, I need serial connection with possible file transfer . Can
you please confirm if the 'tip' or 'kermit' can do the job ?
Thank you
From: Thommy M. on
hadi motamedi <motamedi24(a)gmail.com> writes:

>> cu requires the Systems and Devices config files to be set up.
>> 25 years ago, I would have remembered how to do that ;-)
>>
>> Probably easiest for this would be to download and install kermit.
>>
>> Failing that, try tip instead...
>>
>> tip -9600 /dev/cua/a
>>
>> Note that I'm using the cua device here, so the open doesn't hang if
>> DCD isn't raised. Actually, this usually makes no difference for the
>> internal a and b ports (COM1 and COM2 on x86) because these ports
>> usually have ttya-ignore-cd=true (in case they are going to be used
>> as the system console). However, if you are using some other port
>> such as /dev/term/0, then you might want to use the cua device instead
>> so the device open doesn't hang waiting for DCD to raise, and it does
>> no harm to do the same for all ports (unless you really want the open
>> to hang until DCD is raised).
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Gabriel
>> [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]
>
> Excuse me, I need serial connection with possible file transfer . Can
> you please confirm if the 'tip' or 'kermit' can do the job ?

They can.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Global name space