From: CraftyTech on
Hello,

I'm issuing the command dladm show-dev, on this older box (4800),
and the command doesn't seem to be able to read the qfe interfaces.
With the hme interface it seems to work better since at least it shows
me the speed and deplex setting, but nothing else. i.g;

dladm show-dev
hme0 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
qfe0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex:
unknown
qfe1 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex:
unknown

All interfaces are connected and working on non-global zones, but I
don't get why it won't show the settings with this command. Since
this is older HW, is there another command I should be using? A
separate utility perhaps?

Thanks,

Henry
From: CraftyTech on
I forgot to mention that I'm running S10U8 on this box... in case that
makes a difference.

Thanks,

Henry

From: Andrew Gabriel on
In article <7b076acd-702a-4dc2-9973-d4bbba0ff716(a)r27g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
CraftyTech <hmmedina(a)gmail.com> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I'm issuing the command dladm show-dev, on this older box (4800),
> and the command doesn't seem to be able to read the qfe interfaces.
> With the hme interface it seems to work better since at least it shows
> me the speed and deplex setting, but nothing else. i.g;
>

> dladm show-dev
> hme0 link: unknown speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
> qfe0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex:
> unknown
> qfe1 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex:
> unknown
>
> All interfaces are connected and working on non-global zones, but I
> don't get why it won't show the settings with this command. Since
> this is older HW, is there another command I should be using? A
> separate utility perhaps?

I suspect it is because these drivers, being old, don't use the
latest GLDv3 driver framework, so there's no way for dladm to
ask for the information.

I don't have a system with an hme or qfe up, but you might try
ndd /dev/hme0 and see what variables it allows you to read back.

--
Andrew Gabriel
From: CraftyTech on
Thanks Andrew. I had a feeling that was the issue. I'm just trying
find a way to gauge the speed on this interfaces. Surprisingly, the
ndd startup scripts do appear to work.

On Jul 12, 12:14 pm, and...(a)cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
> In article <7b076acd-702a-4dc2-9973-d4bbba0ff...(a)r27g2000yqb.googlegroups..com>,
>         CraftyTech <hmmed...(a)gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hello,
>
> >      I'm issuing the command dladm show-dev, on this older box (4800),
> > and the command doesn't seem to be able to read the qfe interfaces.
> > With the hme interface it seems to work better since at least it shows
> > me the speed and deplex setting, but nothing else. i.g;
>
> > dladm show-dev
> > hme0            link: unknown   speed: 100   Mbps       duplex: full
> > qfe0            link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex:
> > unknown
> > qfe1            link: unknown   speed: 0     Mbps       duplex:
> > unknown
>
> > All interfaces are connected and working on non-global zones, but I
> > don't get why it won't show the settings with this command.  Since
> > this is older HW, is there another command I should be using? A
> > separate utility perhaps?
>
> I suspect it is because these drivers, being old, don't use the
> latest GLDv3 driver framework, so there's no way for dladm to
> ask for the information.
>
> I don't have a system with an hme or qfe up, but you might try
> ndd /dev/hme0 and see what variables it allows you to read back.
>
> --
> Andrew Gabriel
> [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

Pages: 1
Prev: cu?
Next: Web console application for SVM?