From: Dirty70Bird on
changed the field name from "date" to "dates", still same error message. I
also changed it from "date" to "chris" (my name), still same error message.

tools, references, shows "admin 1.0 type library" was missing. Unchecked,
then re-checked, closed access, re-added the date(), still same error
message. Then re-opened access, unchecked the "admin 1.0 type library" check
box, saved, then exited. Re-added the date(), now no error messages are
present. Appears to work without this "admin 1.0 type library"...