From: TerriK on
I have main data entered on worksheet 1 that I have linked to subsequent
worksheets, however when there is no data on worksheet 1 I get 0's printed in
the data space. How doI eliminate the 0?
From: JLatham on
If you want to hide all zero values on the sheet,
Tools --> Options --> [View] tab and clear the checkbox next to "Zero Values"

In Excel 2007, that's "Office Button" --> [Excel Options] --> then
[Advanced] in left pane and scroll down to the "Display Options for this
Worksheet" and clear the box next to "Show a zero in cells that have a zero
value" (obviously a much more efficient user interface <g>).

From: Duke Carey on
The link formula is giving you the VALUE of the cell to which it links. If
the cell is empty, its value is zero.

You have (at least) 2 options, neither one is great.

One is to convert each of your linking formulas to =if(current
formula=0,"",currentformula). That can be tedious if you have lots of
formulas AND if you have an actual value of zero that you want to show, this
formula suppresses it.

The other is to use Excel's Tools->Options to suppress the display of zeros.
Less tedius but with the same problem of suppressing potentially valuable
zero values.