From: Piotrek on
Hi,

I try to export my project data to Excel to further analyze it. However,
when I export work needed to fullfill my assignments I receive (in Excel)
texts such as "4.5 hours". It is not easy to analyze such data - I can't sum
it, I can't do calculations with it. Of course, I can trim that extra text
from that column in Excel using formulas, but that is uncomfortable. Can I
set some option in MS Project so it exports number columns as numbers?
Without that, how can I effectively use "export as pivot table" feature?
From: Rod Gill on
A quick way in Excel is to select all values, then press Ctrl+H
Enter h in the find what field and leave the replace with field blank.

This removes all h's in one easy hit!

--

Rod Gill
Microsoft MVP for Project

Author of the only book on Project VBA, see:
http://www.projectvbabook.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4602 (20091113) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: spencera12 on
stupid answer that my not even be on the right track:
Are you copying the data then pasting it as a link?

Sorry if I am wasting your time.

Andrew
From: Piotrek on
spencera12(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> stupid answer that my not even be on the right track:
> Are you copying the data then pasting it as a link?

No, I do "file -> save as -> *.xls"