From: gb_S49 on
Hi,
I am trying to date Concatenate 2 cells. One contains text the other date.
How can I get the date to display as a date?
=T6&" "&U6 returns ESTIMATE 40066

From: Russell Dawson on
That's because the CONCATENATE formula joins two text strings together.
The result you are getting is converting the date 10/09/2009 (UK) into text.
Perhaps you should approach from another angle.
What are you trying to achieve? Why do you need to join these two cells in
this way?

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: gb_S49 on
I need to know the date of a movement for a report. The colomns contain over
2,000 rows.

From: T. Valko on
>How can I get the date to display as a date?
>=T6&" "&U6 returns ESTIMATE 40066

For the date in m/d/yyyy format...

=T6&" "&TEXT(U6,"m/d/yyyy")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: gb_S49 on
Thanks for your assistance but now sorted
:-)
ESTIMATE 08,Apr 2010
=T20&" "&TEXT(U20,"dd,MMM yyyy")