From: camperguy7 on
Ive been trying to use an if statement to put a static date in a cell when a
certain condition is met. I do not want that date to change(update when the
workbook is opened in the future) how can this be done??
From: Gord Dibben on
I would suggest some type of event code that adds a static timestamp rather
than have a formula-derived one which is difficult to keep static.

But you can prevent a formula from updating using worksheet functions alone.

Couple of methods on John McGimpsey's site

One without VBA and one with.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP