From: Terrence Carroll on
I need to know how to code a check box so that when it is checked another
field called resolved date will populate with date coinciding with when the
checkbox was checked. The resolved date will also need to return to blank
status if the checkbox is deselected (i.e. situations where the user
accidentally checked the checkbox and then they check the checkbox a second
time to "deselect" the checkbox.
From: Jeff Boyce on
Terrence

Is the only purpose of the checkbox to insert (/remove) a date (or
date/time) value from another control? If so, why bother?!

Instead, use the double-click event of the control to handle this.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BF50C967-25CD-4DF2-B3AE-8DEF59DD5687(a)microsoft.com...

From: Barry A&P on
Terrance
You posted this question yesterday as "How to use a combo box as timestamp"
it was responded to twice.
But i often loose track of my posts too so here it is again..

you could change marshall's suggestion in the checkboxes afterupdate event to

If Me.ChkBoxResolved = True Then
Me.[resolution date] = Date
Else
Me.[resolution date] = Null
End If

this will also clear the resolution date if the check box is unchecked.

Please check this post as answered if it was any help

Thanks
Barry