From: ninth on
hi:
what is the db2 boot order?
db2start is the first step,what is the next step? What tables involved?
thank.

From: Serge Rielau on
On 8/9/2010 3:36 PM, ninth wrote:
> hi:
> what is the db2 boot order?
> db2start is the first step,what is the next step? What tables involved?
> thank.
A rather odd question.
When you have done db2start you;re done...
When you first connect to a dormant database then some db level
initialization needs to be performed (i.e. ACTIVATE database).

There are no tables involved, mostly it's about allocating memory and
getting information from the DB CFG

That's actually how far my own knowledge goes.. Not clear why a user
would need to know more...
Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
SQL Architect DB2 for LUW

From: hsn_ on
> That's actually how far my own knowledge goes.. Not clear why a user
> would need to know more...
because in oracle you need to do.
1. start instance
2. mount database
3. open database

in db2 just starting instance is all what is required from user, rest
is done by db2 itself no user action required