From: mw on
Where can I change the settings if a user logs in to run a program and they
go to save something to their default documents directory. I would like all
the document folders to default to the d drive rather than c. How do you go
about changing the default area so that all document folders will be on a d
drive instead of the default c

From: Grant Taylor on
On 06/04/10 09:33, mw wrote:
> Where can I change the settings if a user logs in to run a program and
> they go to save something to their default documents directory. I would
> like all the document folders to default to the d drive rather than c.
> How do you go about changing the default area so that all document
> folders will be on a d drive instead of the default c

There are usually settings in side of most programs to save somewhere
other than the default location "My Documents".

However, I think you will have better luck redirecting "My Documents" to
another location.

This way you only change one thing on the computer and all programs will
still save to the default folder, "My Documents".

Further, "My Documents" can be redirected a number of different ways,
all of which are well documented all over the net.

Grant. . . .
From: mw on
Okay but I'm not successful in finding what I need. I would appreciate
someone providing a link or information so that every user that logs on to
the server will have their profile residing on the d and not c drive.

thanks

"Grant Taylor" <gtaylor(a)riverviewtech.net> wrote in message
> On 06/04/10 09:33, mw wrote:
>> Where can I change the settings if a user logs in to run a program and
>> they go to save something to their default documents directory. I would
>> like all the document folders to default to the d drive rather than c.
>> How do you go about changing the default area so that all document
>> folders will be on a d drive instead of the default c
>
> There are usually settings in side of most programs to save somewhere
> other than the default location "My Documents".
>
> However, I think you will have better luck redirecting "My Documents" to
> another location.
>
> This way you only change one thing on the computer and all programs will
> still save to the default folder, "My Documents".
>
> Further, "My Documents" can be redirected a number of different ways, all
> of which are well documented all over the net.
>

> Grant. . . .

Pages: 1
Prev: TaskKill
Next: deploying uphclean