From: Carl Shewmaker on
I would like to thank everyone who responded, most helpfully, to my query.  I know that I know just enough to occasionally be dangerous to myself and others.  I was inspired to drill down through the insert special characters menus of 2.4, finding most seemed to lack only the degree sign; until I came upon a "Standard Symbols" page, where I found the degree sign at the beginning of line 9.  Again, thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Carl