From: Chris on
when trying to delete a mail enabled user account I got following warning:

Are you sure you want to delete this object?

the selected object has other associated objects. Select those associated
objects that you also want to delete.

Mark each selected Exchange mailbox for deletion (checked)

But I can not uncheck "mark each selected ...". I know the real mailbox
doesn't get deleted. But wondering why gave me such message since I can not
do anything? I guess you can select associated obejcts other than mailbox.
Is that right?
From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:44:02 -0700, Chris
<Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>when trying to delete a mail enabled user account I got following warning:
>
> Are you sure you want to delete this object?
>
>the selected object has other associated objects. Select those associated
>objects that you also want to delete.
>
>Mark each selected Exchange mailbox for deletion (checked)
>
>But I can not uncheck "mark each selected ...". I know the real mailbox
>doesn't get deleted. But wondering why gave me such message since I can not
>do anything? I guess you can select associated obejcts other than mailbox.
>Is that right?

I assume you mean mailbox enabled? Mail enabled is something else.
I agree with the oddness of the propmpts.
Just make sure that the Deleted Mailbox Retention Time is set for as
long as you want it and then snigger at why Microsoft give you an
option which you can't use :)