From: seth on

does anyone know if exchange 2007 sp1 beta 2 will work on 2008 beta 3?
i had an issue with the first sp1 beta where it wouldn't detect powershell
and setup wouldn't run
beta 2 doesn't have that problem and setup will run, however it fails during
hub transport
not sure if anyone else tried it...
org prep and mgmt tools install fine

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchangeSetup
Date: 9/3/2007 9:01:47 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
Level: Error
Exchange Server component Hub Transport Role failed.
Error: Error:
An error occurred. error code was 2147504141 message was The property cannot
be found in the cache.."

Elapsed time: 00:12:33

Organization Preparation
Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:03:08

Copy Exchange Files
Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:03:29

Management Tools
Completed

Elapsed Time: 00:00:29

Hub Transport Role
Failed

Error:
An error occurred. error code was 2147504141 message was The property cannot
be found in the cache.."

Elapsed Time: 00:05:25

Client Access Role
Cancelled

Mailbox Role
Cancelled

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
Exchange 2007 does install ant run onto the current CTP of Windows
2008 available from Connect.
From: seth on
huh?
i am running the lastest release of 2008
the download is dated june 26

From: nickforpresident on
On Sep 3, 9:09 pm, "seth" <s...(a)myhouse.org> wrote:
> does anyone know ifexchange2007 sp1 beta 2 will work on 2008 beta 3?
> i had an issue with the first sp1 beta where it wouldn't detect powershell
> and setup wouldn't run
> beta 2 doesn't have that problem and setup will run, however it fails during
> hub transport
> not sure if anyone else tried it...
> org prep and mgmt tools install fine
>
> Log Name: Application
> Source: MSExchangeSetup
> Date: 9/3/2007 9:01:47 PM
> Event ID: 1002
> Task Category: MicrosoftExchangeSetup
> Level: Error
> Error: Error:
> An error occurred. error code was 2147504141 message wasThe property cannotbe found in the cache.."

> Elapsed time: 00:12:33
>
> Organization Preparation
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:03:08
>
> CopyExchangeFiles
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:03:29
>
> Management Tools
> Completed
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:00:29
>
> Hub Transport Role
> Failed
>
> Error:
> An error occurred. error code was 2147504141 message wasThe property cannotbe found in the cache.."
>
> Elapsed Time: 00:05:25
>
> Client Access Role
> Cancelled
>
> Mailbox Role
> Cancelled

I'm on the June 2007 CTP version of Windows Longhorn (beta 3?), and
installing Exchange 2007 SP1 beta. I'm getting the exact same error as
reported by the parent poster. If anyone has a remedy or workaround,
please post.