From: loupgarou on
I have problems deleting some emails in my Outlook, I'm viewing my
Exchange Journal Folder and manually moving to .pst files.

Some emails, particularly from a few senders cannot be moved.

Upon moving to another user's mailbox, I get
"Can't move the items. Unknown Error."

Upon moving to pst file, the error given is.
"Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either
already moved or deleted, or access was denied."

Highlightning the message and pressing delete gives = "Unknown Error"

Forwarding this message gives = "Unknown Error."

Opening the message and choosing SAVE AS,
HTM=works.
oft, msg = Unknown Error.

I can copy this emails to another folder in my Journal Archive,
however, the copies are all subject to the above restrictions.

I can move these emails to the Deleted Items folder and empty it.

---
Now, this problem looks a lot like trying to manipulate mails that
are
set to sensitivity=Private, however, I've checked and all these mails
are not flagged private.

----
Server = Exchange2003
Outlook = Outlook 2003

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I recommend that you post this question to an Outlook newsgroup.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

From: Alexander Zammit [MVP] on
This may happen because of VSAPI based anti-virus applications.
Are you running such an AV scanner?

Try shift-delete.

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software

From: loupgarou on
I do have symantec antivirus, but I have the exchange folders excluded
from scanning as well as turning off the microsoft exchange options on
the server and the client.

These errors also occur on the Outlook Web access interface as well,
as such it seems to be a problem either with corrupted permissions on
individual emails.

I want to know how I can diagnose or debug this. since I cannot save
these emails to msg format and message headers show no unique
features (you can't see permissions or sensitivity from header
details).

Shift Delete works, but my point is I need to archive these to pst
files for offline searchable backups.

From: Alexander Zammit [MVP] on
1. I am not refering to AV disk scanning.
I am referring the Exchange AV scanning. The one that integrates with
Exchange and scans email direclty within the store.
Disabling scanning of the HDD folder makes no difference here.

2. The fact that the problem is in OWA too makes sense. That is what I would
expect as well.

3. I know that shift-delete does not solve your problem. However it confirms
the symptoms of the problem I am pointing you to.