From: HighOnTCP on
Is there a tool or a audit switch I am missing in Exch 2003 enterprise
that allows you to track when a message was read by a user, deleted,
etc.? I know I can track when it was delivered to the store for them,
but I don't see a way to track their actions on the message.

I would always mount their store to my outlook, but that doesn't tell
me anything if they deleted the message as "recover deleted items"
doesn't work from an additionally mounted mailbox.

thanks,

Erik

From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
No, there's no such switch.

Message Tracking is for transport - what happens after a message is
delivered is not something it can track or be responsible for.

Do you *really* want to track when every single message is opened (any
number of times?), deleted, moved to another folder, etc.? (As a sidenote,
there's no known tracking mechanism to tell you a recipient actually read a
message - just the fact that a message may have been opened.... :).

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

From: HighOnTCP on
On May 9, 11:07 am, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bha...(a)nospam.org> wrote:
> No, there's no such switch.
>
> Message Tracking is for transport - what happens after a message is
> delivered is not something it can track or be responsible for.
>
> Do you *really* want to track when every single message is opened (any
> number of times?), deleted, moved to another folder, etc.? (As a sidenote,
> there's no known tracking mechanism to tell you a recipient actually read a
> message - just the fact that a message may have been opened.... :).
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchangewww.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>
> <HighOn...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

Bharat,

not all of the time no, but during certain investigation yes, we
absolutely want to be able to see when a message was opened by a
person, or deleted, or....

is there a third party tool out there that will do what we want that
you are aware of?

thanks,

Erik

From: Chad Mahoney on
HighOnTCP(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Bharat,
>
> not all of the time no, but during certain investigation yes, we
> absolutely want to be able to see when a message was opened by a
> person, or deleted, or....
>
> is there a third party tool out there that will do what we want that
> you are aware of?
>
> thanks,
>
> Erik

Not that I condone this software and it can easily be defeated if an
end-user views email in plain text, but take a look at
www.didtheyreadit.com it basically places an invisible web tag in every
email sent, when he recipient opens the email it downloads the web tag
from Did they read it web server, then that report is forwarded to you .
From: HighOnTCP on
On May 9, 11:46 am, Chad Mahoney <c...(a)nospam.mah0ney.com> wrote:
> HighOn...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Bharat,
>
> > not all of the time no, but during certain investigation yes, we
> > absolutely want to be able to see when a message was opened by a
> > person, or deleted, or....
>
> > is there a third party tool out there that will do what we want that
> > you are aware of?
>
> > thanks,
>
> > Erik
>
> Not that I condone this software and it can easily be defeated if an
> end-user views email in plain text, but take a look atwww.didtheyreadit.comit basically places an invisible web tag in every
> email sent, when he recipient opens the email it downloads the web tag
> from Did they read it web server, then that report is forwarded to you .

Thanks Chad, unfortunately I am looking for something retroactive. I
have a situation at hand where I need to know when an email from last
month was read and when it was deleted by the user.

Erik