From: Chris Sorenson on
Greets all,

I installed 13.1 on my firewall and, much to my deep consternation,
dhcpd doesn't work. I'm sure it's my dhcpd.conf file, which (of
course) has been working fine for years until now. So, I spent quite a
bit of time with `man dhcpd.conf` and editing the file and restarting
the daemon, all with zero result. The thing just will not serve out
IP addresses. :(

So, if someone has dhcpd working on Slackware 13.1 would you please
please PLEASE post your dhcpd.conf file here? C'mon... I'll give ya
five bucks! :P
From: Helmut Hullen on
Hallo, Chris,

Du meintest am 26.06.10:

> So, if someone has dhcpd working on Slackware 13.1 would you please
> please PLEASE post your dhcpd.conf file here? C'mon... I'll give ya
> five bucks! :P

What about "dnsmasq" instead of the ISC "named" and "dhcp"? and "pump"
for getting the external DHCP server's data?

"dnsmasq" is part of slackware 13.1 (and older versions);
"pump":

<http://helmut.hullen.de/filebox/Linux/slackware/n/pump_0.8.24-2-i386-1debian.tgz>

Viele Gruesse
Helmut

From: Eric Hameleers on
Op 26-6-2010 8:42, Chris Sorenson schreef:
> Greets all,
>
> I installed 13.1 on my firewall and, much to my deep consternation,
> dhcpd doesn't work. I'm sure it's my dhcpd.conf file, which (of
> course) has been working fine for years until now. So, I spent quite a
> bit of time with `man dhcpd.conf` and editing the file and restarting
> the daemon, all with zero result. The thing just will not serve out
> IP addresses. :(
>
> So, if someone has dhcpd working on Slackware 13.1 would you please
> please PLEASE post your dhcpd.conf file here? C'mon... I'll give ya
> five bucks! :P

It would be better if _you_ would post your dhcpd.conf file...

One quick check you can already make - is the following line present?
If not, your server will not hand out IP addresses:

authoritative;

Eric
From: Robby Workman on
On 2010-06-26, Chris Sorenson <csoren(a)isd.net> wrote:
> Greets all,
>
> I installed 13.1 on my firewall and, much to my deep consternation,
> dhcpd doesn't work. I'm sure it's my dhcpd.conf file, which (of
> course) has been working fine for years until now. So, I spent quite a
> bit of time with `man dhcpd.conf` and editing the file and restarting
> the daemon, all with zero result. The thing just will not serve out
> IP addresses. :(
>
> So, if someone has dhcpd working on Slackware 13.1 would you please
> please PLEASE post your dhcpd.conf file here? C'mon... I'll give ya
> five bucks! :P

log-facility local7;
ddns-update-style interim;
#allow client-updates;
default-lease-time 43200;
max-lease-time 86400;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
{
authoritative;
ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-domainname "rwhome.lan";
do-forward-updates on;
range 192.168.1.128 192.168.1.254;
option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
option routers 192.168.1.1;
option domain-name "rwhome.lan";
option ntp-servers us.pool.ntp.org;

# public wifi - linksys wap54g
host wifipub
{
hardware ethernet 00:1E:E5:F7:09:51;
fixed-address 192.168.1.2;
}

... other host decls ...
}

From: Chris Sorenson on
Helmut Hullen wrote:

> What about "dnsmasq" instead of the ISC "named" and "dhcp"? and "pump"
> for getting the external DHCP server's data?

Yah but then what do I do with my isc t-shirt?

http://www.isc.org/store/logoware-clothing/isc-logo-t-shirt
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: reading Word docs