From: John S on
Hi Helmut.

Thanks for the answer.
Your code helps.

Regards,
john s

From: Jeff Johnson on
"DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message

>> How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension
>> (height, width) using mouse ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> john s
>
> I haven't done an MDI project, but aren't the MDI child forms just a form
> and you can set the BorderStyle to fixed ?

No, an MDIForm is different from a Form. The BorderStyle property was
intentionally left off of this class because Microsoft wanted all MDI apps
to behave a certain way, and resizability was part of that way. Hence my
first reply to the OP.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Jeff Johnson wrote:
> "DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t(a)r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message
>
>>> How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension
>>> (height, width) using mouse ?
>>
>> I haven't done an MDI project, but aren't the MDI child forms just a form
>> and you can set the BorderStyle to fixed ?
>
> No, an MDIForm is different from a Form. The BorderStyle property was
> intentionally left off of this class because Microsoft wanted all MDI apps to
> behave a certain way, and resizability was part of that way. Hence my first
> reply to the OP.

I thought MDIChild form initially too, but then after seeing your
response I wondered if he wasn't really asking what he asked about? <G>
That is, restricting the size of the MDI parent form. (I agree, the
children really shouldn't be so restricted - that'd be the roll of a
pop-up toolwindow, or something similar.)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message

>>> I haven't done an MDI project, but aren't the MDI child forms just a
>>> form
>>> and you can set the BorderStyle to fixed ?
>>
>> No, an MDIForm is different from a Form. The BorderStyle property was
>> intentionally left off of this class because Microsoft wanted all MDI
>> apps to behave a certain way, and resizability was part of that way.
>> Hence my first reply to the OP.
>
> I thought MDIChild form initially too, but then after seeing your response
> I wondered if he wasn't really asking what he asked about? <G> That is,
> restricting the size of the MDI parent form. (I agree, the children
> really shouldn't be so restricted - that'd be the roll of a pop-up
> toolwindow, or something similar.)

Actually, now that you mention it I see that Dan said "child" forms, but I
was working off the original intent of the OP and just glossed over that
word!

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Jeff Johnson wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message

>>> No, an MDIForm is different from a Form. The BorderStyle property was
>>> intentionally left off of this class because Microsoft wanted all MDI apps
>>> to behave a certain way, and resizability was part of that way. Hence my
>>> first reply to the OP.
>>
>> I thought MDIChild form initially too, but then after seeing your response
>> I wondered if he wasn't really asking what he asked about? <G> That is,
>> restricting the size of the MDI parent form. (I agree, the children really
>> shouldn't be so restricted - that'd be the roll of a pop-up toolwindow, or
>> something similar.)
>
> Actually, now that you mention it I see that Dan said "child" forms, but I
> was working off the original intent of the OP and just glossed over that
> word!

Yeah, and I don't see anything particular "wrong" about locking the
size of the parent form. Weird, sure. But wrong? I dunno. There
might be a few cases where it'd fit. <shrug>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org