From: John S on
Hello,

How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension
(height, width) using mouse ?

Thanks
john s

From: Helmut Meukel on
Hmm,

did you try this:

Private mHeight As Long, mWidth As Long

Private Sub MDIForm_Load()
mHeight = Me.Height
mWidth = Me.Width
End Sub

Private Sub MDIForm_Resize()
Me.Height = mHeight
Me.Width = mWidth
End Sub

If you or your user don't like the effect then you should look
into an API solution. Can't help you there, most of my apps
run maximized.

Helmut.

From: Jeff Johnson on
"John S" <nospam> wrote in message

> How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension
> (height, width) using mouse ?

I have to say it: The very fact that you're asking this question tells me
you shouldn't be using MDI in the first place.

From: Dee Earley on
On 04/03/2010 13:34, John S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension
> (height, width) using mouse ?

As with any window, you handle the WM_GETMINMAXINFO or WM_SIZING
The former is my preferred one for size limits.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: DanS on
John S <nospam> wrote in news:u5Ao595uKHA.796(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Hello,
>
> How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension
> (height, width) using mouse ?
>
> Thanks
> john s

I haven't done an MDI project, but aren't the MDI child forms just a form
and you can set the BorderStyle to fixed ?