From: Rafia Tapia on
Hi
I am using ListViewByQuery webcontrol in my webpart. The list that this
webcontrol is showing has 10,000 records and I need to show about 50 records
at a time. How do I implement paging with this control. There is another
control called pagingbutton but I don't know how to make it work with
ListViewByQuery control. Any help will be appreciated.

What I am trying to accomplish is have a webpart similar to listview webpart
but my webpart gives the ability to the user to enter lookup criteria to
limit the records return. If anybody has any suggestion how to accomplish
this using any other way, please let me know. I tried using spgridview but
ran into performance problem. When I was binding the grid to my list and
implemented the paging manually by setting the pageindex property of the
grid, it literally took about thirty seconds to move from one page to
another. I cannot bind to a dataset because there could be a case where the
user do not enter any search criteria and therefore the entire list data
would be populated in the dataset. Right now the list has about 10,000
records but it could grow over 100,000.