From: RichardSmit on

We have the same problem here at the Hogeschool van Amsterdam. It has
something to do with IE security settings. If a site is not trusted ie
will open the file read the file header and makes a dission on what
program to use. In case of a docx file it will use zip because it is a
zip file. We discovered that the problem was with non IIS web servers
who didn't have the correct mime types configured on the server.

We found two option to workaround this problem. You either add the mime
type to the webserver or you add the site to your trusted sites so IE
uses the file exstension and not the file header.

Hope this analyses helps... It's not a bug it's a security feature.

--
RichardSmit
RichardSmit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/137322.htm

http://forums.techarena.in