From: excelrookie on
If I have in column Z1-Z10 ten company names, then in columns AA-AJ those
same company names with the area's they cover in the respective rows. Is
there anyway to have an input area in A1 so that excel that will look at that
information and be able to pick a company that covers that area AND be able
to know and rotate through the available list in order giving me the answer
in B2.

so lets say that Jane goes to New York, Los Angelos and Joe goes to Los
Angelos and Chicago. I input New York and the out put is Jane. I then input
Los Angelos and the out put is Joe since Jane just went to New York and Joe
and Jane cover that area?
From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett(a)gmail.com

From: excelrookie on
Thank you Don,

I just emailed you

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if:
> 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet
> 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line
> 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want
> 4. You send before/after examples and expected results.
>

> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett(a)gmail.com
> "excelrookie" <excelrookie(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I have in column Z1-Z10 ten company names, then in columns AA-AJ those
> > same company names with the area's they cover in the respective rows. Is
> > there anyway to have an input area in A1 so that excel that will look at
> > that
> > information and be able to pick a company that covers that area AND be
> > able
> > to know and rotate through the available list in order giving me the
> > answer
> > in B2.
> >
> > so lets say that Jane goes to New York, Los Angelos and Joe goes to Los
> > Angelos and Chicago. I input New York and the out put is Jane. I then
> > input
> > Los Angelos and the out put is Joe since Jane just went to New York and
> > Joe
> > and Jane cover that area?
>
> .

Pages: 1