From: cate on
I have a summary sheet which collects data from identical copies of a
main scenario sheet.

main is copied to main1, main2, main3

I build the references in this summary sheet as:
'main2'!cell_name

When the main sheet is updated, the old copies of it are deleted and
replace with the new main.
In the mean time, Excel is busy nuking all the references it can no
longer find. How do I tell it
to stop doing this?

From: leightonstew on

From: leightonstew on
Perhaps instead deleting the clones you could clear cell contents of all
clones, then copy the new data onto those existing sheets. Names will stay.

Alternative is to build the clones using, in each cell, references to
corresponding cells the main sheet. The clones will automatically be updated
when Main changes.

leighton