From: mister_friendly on
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:31:02 -0700, bmg002
<bmg002(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was wondering if one can downgrade from windows 7 to windows XP? OR if I
>can use my windows 7 license to install XP? From what I was reading on
>microsofts site it sounds like you can use a windows 7 OEM license to install
>XP (presumably with grabbing a new key or using a VL key). But my
>understanding of what I read was that prior to the 18 months or the first
>windows 7 service pack you could downgrade to XP and after you could ALSO
>downgrade to Vista. Others in my company read it as prior to the 18 months
>or the first windows 7 service pack you could downgrade to XP but after you
>could ONLY downgrade to vista.
>Which (if either) of thses are correct?

Is Windows 7 that horrible?
I've heard it's better than Vista, but still bad.
Personally I want no part of Win7 or Vista.

From: News123 on
mister_friendly(a)the-newzgroups.com wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:31:02 -0700, bmg002
> <bmg002(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if one can downgrade from windows 7 to windows XP? OR if I
>> can use my windows 7 license to install XP? From what I was reading on
>> microsofts site it sounds like you can use a windows 7 OEM license to install
>> XP (presumably with grabbing a new key or using a VL key). But my
>> understanding of what I read was that prior to the 18 months or the first
>> windows 7 service pack you could downgrade to XP and after you could ALSO
>> downgrade to Vista. Others in my company read it as prior to the 18 months
>> or the first windows 7 service pack you could downgrade to XP but after you
>> could ONLY downgrade to vista.
>> Which (if either) of thses are correct?
>
> Is Windows 7 that horrible?
> I've heard it's better than Vista, but still bad.
> Personally I want no part of Win7 or Vista.

Win 7 isn't horrible I rather like it.

Some old/embedded main boards / old hw / old sw might not be supported on 7.

If the main usecase is related to one of the above one might have to
switch back to XP until a service pack is up or till the SW has been
updated.