From: Wesden on
How are internet cafes for people coming in to download large files, like
5GB off file-server sites? I mean, I'm just using the internet aren't I,
which is what I'm paying for at an internet cafe?

From: Gettamulla Tupya on
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:48:06 +1100, "Wesden" <wessy(a)den.com.spam> wrote:

> How are internet cafes for people coming in to download large files, like
> 5GB off file-server sites? I mean, I'm just using the internet aren't I,
> which is what I'm paying for at an internet cafe?

Shouldn't be a problem. A retired friend of mine has found an Internet cafe that allows
unlimited use for $30 a month. He has dumped his home phone and Internet and spends 5-7
hours a day online at the cafe and uses Skype there for his phone calls. He has
downloaded some huge files, too. They don't mind a bit.

From: Clocky on
Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:48:06 +1100, "Wesden" <wessy(a)den.com.spam>
> wrote:
>
>> How are internet cafes for people coming in to download large files,
>> like 5GB off file-server sites? I mean, I'm just using the internet
>> aren't I, which is what I'm paying for at an internet cafe?
>>

> Shouldn't be a problem. A retired friend of mine has found an
> Internet cafe that allows unlimited use for $30 a month. He has
> dumped his home phone and Internet and spends 5-7 hours a day online
> at the cafe and uses Skype there for his phone calls. He has
> downloaded some huge files, too. They don't mind a bit.

Now he just needs a hobby.

From: Wesden on

"Gettamulla Tupya" <gettamullatupya(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:48:06 +1100, "Wesden" <wessy(a)den.com.spam> wrote:
>
>> How are internet cafes for people coming in to download large files, like
>> 5GB off file-server sites? I mean, I'm just using the internet aren't I,
>> which is what I'm paying for at an internet cafe?
>>

> Shouldn't be a problem. A retired friend of mine has found an Internet
> cafe that allows
> unlimited use for $30 a month. He has dumped his home phone and Internet
> and spends 5-7
> hours a day online at the cafe and uses Skype there for his phone calls.
> He has
> downloaded some huge files, too. They don't mind a bit.

How long would a 5GB file take from one of these places?

From: Wesden on