From: Jim on
Hi Everyone,

New to quicken and have a question or two. I have the 2009 Premier
product. My bank support the express web connect download process, but
the only way I can download my transactions is by clicking the update
now choice in the menu items at the top of an account register - if I
click the one step update button in any other area I get nothing (ther
nothing listed under the to do tab and no transaction listed in the
downloaded area at the bottom of the register. The update now choice
works well so that's what I do - just don't understand why it won't
work with the other one step update buttons. Also in my downloaded
transactions the only ones that show as matched are the tranactions
with check numbers - all the rest show as new. (I like to enter my
transaction manully and then match the downloads to those I've entered
in the register). Anyone know why this is happening? I'm running
windows vista ultimate if that matters. Thanks for your help.

James
From: Bob Wang on
Jim:

I'm using Q2009 H&B but I imagine that EWC works the same way as in Premier.
I just tried EWC on my datafile and it works for me from the following
places:

1) Update Now in the register
2) Update Transactions button at the bottom of the register
3) Online > One Step Update
4) Quicken Toolbar One Step Update drop-down list
5) Account Bar One Step Update drop-down list

I don't know why EWC will only work from one location for you.
Perhaps an uninstall and re-install may re-initialize the other command
positions.

Bob

From: John Pollard on
Jim wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> New to quicken and have a question or two. I have the 2009
> Premier
> product. My bank support the express web connect download
> process, but
> the only way I can download my transactions is by clicking the
> update
> now choice in the menu items at the top of an account
> register - if I
> click the one step update button in any other area I get
> nothing (ther
> nothing listed under the to do tab and no transaction listed
> in the
> downloaded area at the bottom of the register.

> The update now choice
> works well so that's what I do - just don't understand why it
> won't
> work with the other one step update buttons.

Just to get the obvious out of the way: is the account in
question checked to be downloaded in the One Step Update dialog.

> Also in my downloaded
> transactions the only ones that show as matched are the
> tranactions
> with check numbers - all the rest show as new. (I like to
> enter my
> transaction manully and then match the downloads to those I've
> entered
> in the register). Anyone know why this is happening?

It's a known problem with the first release of Q2009.

--

John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: Jim on
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:49:12 -0500, "John Pollard"
<invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> New to quicken and have a question or two. I have the 2009
>> Premier
>> product. My bank support the express web connect download
>> process, but
>> the only way I can download my transactions is by clicking the
>> update
>> now choice in the menu items at the top of an account
>> register - if I
>> click the one step update button in any other area I get
>> nothing (ther
>> nothing listed under the to do tab and no transaction listed
>> in the
>> downloaded area at the bottom of the register.
>
>> The update now choice
>> works well so that's what I do - just don't understand why it
>> won't
>> work with the other one step update buttons.
>
>Just to get the obvious out of the way: is the account in
>question checked to be downloaded in the One Step Update dialog.
>
>> Also in my downloaded
>> transactions the only ones that show as matched are the
>> tranactions
>> with check numbers - all the rest show as new. (I like to
>> enter my
>> transaction manully and then match the downloads to those I've
>> entered
>> in the register). Anyone know why this is happening?
>
>It's a known problem with the first release of Q200

Thanks Bob and John

When I frist installed the program I had trouble with the quicken
launcher has stopped working . I had to use the cleaning tool quicken
support provides and install into a new folder to fix that. So I've
already been down that road (didn't change the behavior I'm having
with the one step update). All the apropreate boxs are checked when
that dialog box comes up, so that's not the problem. Anyway as I
stated the update now option works fine, so I'll live with it. Maybe
they'll release a patch soon for the matching problem. Thanks so much
to both of you for your help.

James