From: Don on
Hey gang,

I download my financial data, for my checking account, directly from my
bank's website, into Quicken Deluxe 08.
When I have to manually match a transaction, I choose that, and it opens a
little window, for me to find the transaction I am manually matching, and I
select it. For the most part, most transactions match automatically, but
occasionally I will need to do a manual match.

Ok, so in that manual match window, there are a couple of older
transactions, that go back to 07, that it still shows an an open transaction
I guess, that really should not be there, as my data is current and
reconciled daily when I do my download.

Is there any way, that I can get rid of these two transactions, so they no
longer show up as options to choose from, in the manually match window?

Thanks for any feedback here,

--
Don

From: John Pollard on
Don wrote:
> I download my financial data, for my checking account,
> directly from
> my bank's website, into Quicken Deluxe 08.
> When I have to manually match a transaction, I choose that,
> and it
> opens a little window, for me to find the transaction I am
> manually
> matching, and I select it. For the most part, most
> transactions match
> automatically, but occasionally I will need to do a manual
> match.
>
> Ok, so in that manual match window, there are a couple of
> older
> transactions, that go back to 07, that it still shows an an
> open
> transaction I guess, that really should not be there, as my
> data is
> current and reconciled daily when I do my download.

> Is there any way, that I can get rid of these two
> transactions, so
> they no longer show up as options to choose from, in the
> manually
> match window?

Yes there is. You need to tell Quicken that those transactions
were already downloaded.

Right-click one of those transactions, then hold down CTRL and
left-click "Copy transaction". In the resultiing dialog, check
the "Downloaded" box and put a date in the "Posting date" field.
Click OK.

Do the same to any transaction that should not be a candidate to
match any downloaded transaction.

--

John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: Steve on

"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> Don wrote:
>> I download my financial data, for my checking account, directly from
>> my bank's website, into Quicken Deluxe 08.
>> When I have to manually match a transaction, I choose that, and it
>> opens a little window, for me to find the transaction I am manually
>> matching, and I select it. For the most part, most transactions match
>> automatically, but occasionally I will need to do a manual match.
>>
>> Ok, so in that manual match window, there are a couple of older
>> transactions, that go back to 07, that it still shows an an open
>> transaction I guess, that really should not be there, as my data is
>> current and reconciled daily when I do my download.
>
>> Is there any way, that I can get rid of these two transactions, so
>> they no longer show up as options to choose from, in the manually
>> match window?
>
> Yes there is. You need to tell Quicken that those transactions were
> already downloaded.
>
> Right-click one of those transactions, then hold down CTRL and left-click
> "Copy transaction". In the resultiing dialog, check the "Downloaded" box
> and put a date in the "Posting date" field. Click OK.
>
> Do the same to any transaction that should not be a candidate to match any
> downloaded transaction.
>
> --
>
> John Pollard
> First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com
> Please reply to newsgroup

I have the same problem. The only time I see them is when an unmatched
transaction downloads in that account. Is there any way to open the
downloaded transaction block to see the unmatched without an active
transaction received?

Steve

From: John Pollard on
Steve wrote:
> "John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Don wrote:
>>> I download my financial data, for my checking account,
>>> directly from
>>> my bank's website, into Quicken Deluxe 08.
>>> When I have to manually match a transaction, I choose that,
>>> and it
>>> opens a little window, for me to find the transaction I am
>>> manually
>>> matching, and I select it. For the most part, most
>>> transactions
>>> match automatically, but occasionally I will need to do a
>>> manual
>>> match. Ok, so in that manual match window, there are a
>>> couple of older
>>> transactions, that go back to 07, that it still shows an an
>>> open
>>> transaction I guess, that really should not be there, as my
>>> data is
>>> current and reconciled daily when I do my download.
>>
>>> Is there any way, that I can get rid of these two
>>> transactions, so
>>> they no longer show up as options to choose from, in the
>>> manually
>>> match window?

>> Yes there is. You need to tell Quicken that those
>> transactions were
>> already downloaded.
>>
>> Right-click one of those transactions, then hold down CTRL
>> and
>> left-click "Copy transaction". In the resultiing dialog,
>> check the
>> "Downloaded" box and put a date in the "Posting date" field.
>> Click
>> OK. Do the same to any transaction that should not be a
>> candidate to
>> match any downloaded transaction.

> I have the same problem. The only time I see them is when an
> unmatched transaction downloads in that account. Is there any
> way to
> open the downloaded transaction block to see the unmatched
> without an
> active transaction received?

Sorry, I'm not following you.

The only place you can see whether a transaction has been
downloaded is by opening the "View Posting Date" dialog for an
existing register transaction as I described above.

This only works on transactions already in the register, but
that is the only place it makes any sense. Any transaction in
the "Accept transactions into register" window, is, by
definition, "downloaded". No transaction in the "Accept ..."
window should ever be a match to a register transaction that has
already been downloaded.

[I have suggested to Intuit, on more than one occasion, that it
would be useful to make the Downloaded status and, especially,
the Posting Date visible in at least one Quicken report. So
far, no luck.]

From: Don on

"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> Don wrote:
>> I download my financial data, for my checking account, directly from
>> my bank's website, into Quicken Deluxe 08.
>> When I have to manually match a transaction, I choose that, and it
>> opens a little window, for me to find the transaction I am manually
>> matching, and I select it. For the most part, most transactions match
>> automatically, but occasionally I will need to do a manual match.
>>
>> Ok, so in that manual match window, there are a couple of older
>> transactions, that go back to 07, that it still shows an an open
>> transaction I guess, that really should not be there, as my data is
>> current and reconciled daily when I do my download.
>
>> Is there any way, that I can get rid of these two transactions, so
>> they no longer show up as options to choose from, in the manually
>> match window?
>
> Yes there is. You need to tell Quicken that those transactions were
> already downloaded.
>
> Right-click one of those transactions, then hold down CTRL and left-click
> "Copy transaction". In the resultiing dialog, check the "Downloaded" box
> and put a date in the "Posting date" field. Click OK.
>
> Do the same to any transaction that should not be a candidate to match any
> downloaded transaction.
>
> --

Thanks John. I presume, I will need to wait till I download again, to get
that manual match window to where I can do this, I will give it a try next
week when I download my transactions again and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help,

--
Don